MPO – Metropolitan Planning Organization - established by the federal government to guide where federal gas tax dollars get allocated locally. The Federal Transportation Act for the 21st Century (TEA-21) and its predecessor [Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act (ISTEA)], established the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) for all major cities with a population of at least 70,000. TEA-21 states that the MPO should have local elected officials, representatives of major transit authorities, airports, rail and ports and appropriate state officials.
Help us fight to preserve our rights and freedoms! or donate by mail. We cannot do it without you!
- Miami toll board opines cut in toll rate INCREASE
- Private toll operator in VA hands failing road to creditor
- Toll board member conflicts of interest being investigated
- Bulverde solicits study of 281 corridor, could include tolls
- Ports to Plains Trans Texas Corridor in progress in Dawson County
- NY Comptroller: Proceed with caution on public-private partnerships
- Lakeway proposes toll road over preserve
- Bass: County toll study duplication of effort
Like Us on Facebook!
Latest Press Releases
- Texans ask Perry to veto bill to hand 23 Texas roads to foreign entities
- Targeted tax: Residents ask Perry to veto fee hike on Bexar County
- Texas for Sale: Texas roads may be handed to private, foreign toll operators
- Texans ask for leadership to enact NEW vision for road policy
- Grassroots applaud Perry's call to end diversions, reject Rainy Day raid
- Texans call for boycott of Cintra's SH 130 tollway
- Judge rules foreign company can take Texas land using eminent domain
- Victory for open government, but not complete transparency