Cintra – A Spanish-based consortium who was awarded the first leg of the Trans Texas Corridor that parallels I-35 and who bid on the San Antonio toll starter system on 281 and Loop 1604, on Hwy 121 in Collin and Denton counties and was awarded the first CDA in Texas for SH 130. Partners with San Antonio-based Zachry and Australian-based Macquarie. Cintra recently purchased a Houston-based construction company, Webber Group, in order to appear more “American” for future highway bids. Cintra and Macquarie partnered for control of the Chicago Skyway toll road in January 2005 (99 yr lease) and the Indiana Toll Road (75 yr lease) in spring of 2006.
Help us fight to preserve our rights and freedoms! or donate by mail. We cannot do it without you!
- NY Comptroller: Proceed with caution on public-private partnerships
- Lakeway proposes toll road over preserve
- Bass: County toll study duplication of effort
- Elkhart to raid tolls to pay for other projects
- Fitch warns driving declines will hurt toll revenues
- Fitch downgrades Illinois' gas tax bonds
- TxDOT outsources hundreds of tech jobs to Japanese firm
- Study: Public-private postal service proposed
Like Us on Facebook!
Latest Press Releases
- Texans ask Perry to veto bill to hand 23 Texas roads to foreign entities
- Targeted tax: Residents ask Perry to veto fee hike on Bexar County
- Texas for Sale: Texas roads may be handed to private, foreign toll operators
- Texans ask for leadership to enact NEW vision for road policy
- Grassroots applaud Perry's call to end diversions, reject Rainy Day raid
- Texans call for boycott of Cintra's SH 130 tollway
- Judge rules foreign company can take Texas land using eminent domain
- Victory for open government, but not complete transparency